Literacy & Numeracy
Foundation skills underpin the productivity of our workforce and are instrumental in ensuring workers have the ability to use educational pathways and upskill.
The Foundation Skills is engaged for a number of reasons and is designed to provide learners with the skills required to enter the workforce or access further vocational education and training, such as employability skills and language, literacy and numeracy (LLN) skills. It is essential in ensuring that as many people as possible have access to educational and work opportunities. The 2016 OECD publication ‘Skills Matter’ found that Australian’s foundation skills need improvement. The improvement of literacy and numeracy will provide the businesses the following benefits:
- enhanced efficiency and workplace productivity
- improved flexibility in adapting to technological change
- enabled staff retention and progression
- increased compliance with occupational health and safety standards
- improved staff confidence and teamwork.
Qualifications that Tauondi offers
Outcomes of Literacy and Numeracy Development
The literacy and numeracy development prepares for a vocational pathway qualification or further foundation skills development. It is suitable for individuals who require:
- a prevocational pathway to employment and vocational training
- improvement on reading, writing, numeracy, oral communication and learning skills at Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF)
- entry level digital technology and employability skills
- education, training and employment goals.
RTO CODE 2370